Dark Mofo has cancelled a project calling for contributions of ‘First Nations blood’ after outcry.
Dark Mofo recently announced its first major project for the 2021 festival including an artwork, Union Flag by Spanish artist Santiago Sierra, that called for the use of First Nation’s blood, which would be used to immerse the British Flag. The project drew widespread outcry including from First Nations artists.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today