As the iconic prize turns 100, a portrait of artist Guy Warren – who also turns 100 this year – has won the 2021 Archibald Prize, while an Aboriginal artist takes the Wynne Prize for the fifth consecutive year.
Melbourne artist Peter Wegner has taken out Australia’s most celebrated art prize – the Archibald. His painting of fellow artist Guy Warren has been chosen by the Gallery Trustees in a year when both prize and artist celebrate their 100th anniversaries.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today