The NGA has announced its acquisition of Patricia Piccinini's Skywhale alongside a new commission, Skywhalepapa, to be unveiled in March 2020.
Director of the National Gallery of Australia (NGA) Nick Mitzevich, described Patricia Piccinini’s Skywhale (2013) as the second most talked about artwork in Australia. It will join the NGA collection alongside what Mitzevich says is the 'most talked about' piece of artwork, Jackson Pollack’s Blue Poles.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today