Despite cutting its staff by half as COVID hit, the Biennale of Sydney delivered over 600 programs to audiences, and recorded other interesting statistics as it pivoted online.
When media gathered to view the 22nd Biennale of Sydney in early March, they were amused by the idea of ‘elbow bumps’ and pump sanitiser on the odd table. Little were they to know that the important international exhibition was soon to face shutdowns, and would lead the sector in recalibrating for a new normal.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today