Artists have been using text in their art since the 1960s, but a suite of new exhibitions presented nationally reboot the genre with a contemporary inflection.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Jon Campbell, Stacks On, 2010, installation view, Museum of Contemporary Art Australia, Sydney; image courtesy the artist and Museum of Contemporary Art © the artist