While it might have started with a stale sandwich, the legacy of Christo stretches from Sydney's coastline to some of the world's most iconic site, bringing joy to many people and ushering their love of contemporary art.
Born Christo Vladimirov Javacheff, but simply known as 'Christo', the Bulgarian-born artist became famous for his large-scale interventions within the landscape. He died this week aged 84, reported to have passed away peacefully at his home in New York from natural causes on Sunday (31 May).
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today