In a timely re-addressing of history, an Aboriginal artist has won the 2020 Archibald prize, with Filipino-Australian Marikit Santiago taking out the Sulman, and Aboriginal artist Hubert Pareroultja, the Wynne.
The media mosh-pit for the Archibald Prize was understandably smaller this year, void of the rampant frenzy of cameras clicking, with strict social distancing measures in place and restricted numbers making for a more sober tone to the usual manic mayhem.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today