It is usually artists who are heard complaining that galleries are not working for their commission. It’s not great news when collectors are echoing their voice. Is complacency killing our art market?
During COVID-19 I bought a painting. It was by an artist who’s work I had long wanted to live with, so now seemed to make sense as a good time to support both the gallery sector and artists doing it tough.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today