Artists are tired of the constant ask to donate their work, under the guise it bolsters their careers. Gallerist Michael Reid looks at the pitfalls of donations and how to do it without damaging artists.
As an art dealer working to represent artists, every week I receive at least one charity request for artists to provide artworks for the greater glory of the common good.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today