Photographer Bill Henson has withdrawn from the Adelaide Biennial in a travesty of artistic independence and natural justice.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Adelaide has two brands: the staid conservatism of the 'City of Churches' and the vitality of 'Festival City'. Despite its small population and the competition of bigger fish coming from behind, the South Australian capital maintains a thriving arts scene. The Adelaide Fringe still sees off its eastern rivals and the Art Gallery of South Australia under Nick Mitzevich has established a creative contemporary hanging policy.