Gasworks Arts Park is thrilled to be able to present Paint Out 2020.
This is an En Plein Air activity for professional & amateur artists, arty people and nature lovers. En Plein Air is a French expression that means ‘in the open air’ and is most often used to reference the act of painting outdoors with the artist’s subject in full view.
Paint, draw or sketch anywhere over our four hectares of beautiful parklands at Gasworks. Choose a site in the park that inspires you and create an artwork of what you see and feel.
This year’s activity will be run differently to ensure social distancing while providing creative opportunities in the fresh air, and prizes!
If painting isn't your 'thing' but you're keen to support a friend who is, head on down anyways! Grab a coffee and some great food from Priscilla Jones Cafe and enjoy a lovely picnic-style spread in the parklands.
There will be eight sessions run over the following two weekends:
Saturday and Sunday, 28 & 29 November
Saturday and Sunday, 5 & 6 December
At the end of each Paint Out session the completed artworks will be hung in the Foyer Gallery until January 10, so visitors can come and enjoy the art.
The exhibition will also be hosted online via the Gasworks website.
All artworks in the exhibition will be eligible to win one of four $1000 prizes; tailored to give amateur artists as well as professionals a fair chance of winning one of them.
Some of the wellbeing outcomes of participating in Paint Out 2020 include:
- A welcome change from being confined to home after months of being locked in.
- Reconnecting with nature.
- A fun way to ‘exercise’ the body and the brain as you find your perfect spot within the park.
- Communicating with those creating around you with plenty of room to feel safe.
- Forgetting the hardships endured to focus on creating and being in the moment.
- A vitamin D infusion to aid the immune system.
- The opportunity to have fun in a supportive environment where perfectionism and competitiveness are negated.