Creative Generation Excellence Awards in Visual Art Regional Exhibition showcases the outstanding visual artworks by senior high school students.
The awards focus on the outstanding achievements of senior visual art students.
Selected student works demonstrate:
- highly developed imagery and or iconography with effective and deliberate communication of meaning
- expressive and or innovative aesthetic choices through the control of visual language
- purposeful and considered manipulation and exploitation of media, techniques and processes
- application of knowledge and critical understanding of media, techniques and processes that allows a
thorough degree of visual and expressive resolution
- sustained engagement, which invites further inquiry from the onlooker.
In recognition of the breadth of the visual arts, the awards include mediums of video, film and electronic imaging as well
as ceramics, costume and stage design, drawing, environmental design, fibre arts, graphic design, installation, painting,
performance art, photography, printmaking, product design and sculpture.
The awards offer the only collective exhibition of senior student work from each region of the state. It is an initiative that
has led to widespread recognition of the excellent work senior art students are producing.
Exhibition Dates: 7th Sep - 15th Oct