Artist Vernon Ah Kee believes there is an endemic problem that sits core to our galleries and the way we talk about Aboriginal art, which can only be solved by empowering black voices.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Vernon Ah Kee with his NAS Gallery survey exhibition, Not an Animal or a Plant; image courtesy the artist and NAS Gallery, photo by Peter Morgan.